I am a Senior IDC Expert and as such have been asked many times by my Clients to give them an Overview.
Well if you look on the IDC’s site: www.idc.co.za as an interested party it may well seem like a minefield.
So let me start. But before we do I must tell you that I am not employed by IDC neither do I profess to be a complete GURU at their needs and do the very best for my Clients. In the past 5 years, I have raised over R300 million for SME’s.
It is no use looking for funding at IDC unless a couple of hard coded rules are followed and these are:
- Security; the form and nature of which will relate to your specific circumstances;
- Compliance with international environmental standards;
- Shareholders/owners are expected to make some financial contribution:- The contribution of historically disadvantaged people under special circumstances may be lowered, in which case the corporation will be prepared to extend finance in excess of the owner’s contribution.
- The project/business must exhibit economic merit in terms of profitability and sustainability;
- We do not refinance fixed assets, since our aim is to expand the industrial base; and
- We also focus on broad-based and expansionary black economic empowerment and black industrialists.
Expansions by existing businesses
- Latest audited and actual financials (signed by the finance director, MD or CEO). VIP!!
- Your updated business plan focusing on the proposed project/expansion.
- A detailed description of the nature of expansion, its related costs and revenues.
A comprehensive business plan. VIP
Small, medium and start-up businesses
- A comprehensive business plan. VIP
To go on and detail all the sectors and product types is onerous and for a reader slightly boring so I suggest you have two ways to deal with anything about the above that may interest you.
- Contact IDC:
- Contact me by using the contact button below: